Thursday, February 23, 2012

My First Post!

For the longest time I have considered making a nail blog, but I have to admit I was a bit intimidated. Seeing all these amazing nail blogs out there, I was a bit leery to make a blog for my little old designs lol. Anyway, I hope that my blog will help anyone trying to decide if they should purchase a color, to see how it looks before they buy it, or maybe to just get an idea here and there what to do with the colors they have! Anyway, without further ado, here is my first post :)

I went to my local CVS yesterday and saw a new brand called "Spoiled" by Wet 'n Wild. Two colors jumped out at me - "Did I Dye it too Blonde?" and "Trust Fund Baby." So I decided to do a neon manicure with Trust Fund Baby as an accent.




                                     Left - Did I Dye it Too Blonde? Right - Trust Fund Baby



I started by taping off my nails and added Did I Dye it too Blonde? for the tips and used a dotting tool to add Trust Fund Baby Right below the line.



While the brushes are a bit thick, the formula on DIDITB was awesome. You may want to start with a white base so the neon color really pops. I started with Sinful Colors Snow On Me White. Trust Fund Baby is a little thicker, as the glitter is in a clear base. Overall, though, Trust Fund Baby is gorgeous!



Close up of the glitter in TFB - Gold, blue, pink, and black!



End Result!


Hope you guys (or just me lol) enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Your first post, how exciting! I'm a new blogger too. I hope you don't mind, but I will cheer you on! Very nice French mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenni Lee!! I will do the same for you :)

      Delete